FUTURE OF WORK
17TH & 18TH NOVEMBER | GMT, TIME ZONE
Future of Work Europe is an exclusive two day virtual conference taking place on November 17th & 18th, 2020 from 10:00am to 1:00pm GMT for the entire Future of Work Community.
Our core goal is to bring together senior executives from across the entire landscape which include titles from Employee Engagement, Internal Communication, Culture and HR to CIO's, I.T Directors and Heads of Digital Workplaces, Future Office Space Executives and many more!
Future of Work Europe 2020 Exclusive Sponsor:
Digital Product Lead
Legal & General
Head of Group Talent
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company
Head of HR Innovation, Culture & Sustainability
Head, Global Tech Communications
Head of Internal Communication & Engagement
Head of Internal Communications and Engagement
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Global HR Strategy Director
Head of Communications and Engagement
Jardine Motors Group
Vice President Communication and Brands
Michelin North Europe
Vice President Sales Excellence & Sales Culture
Global Communications Director
Head of Global Communications
Colleague Engagement & Experience Manager
Great Western Railway
Senior Vice President, EMEA Operations
CLAIRE VIVYAN ROBERTS
Head of Employee Communications
Head of Internal Digitization and Business Banking Digital Transformation
OUR COMMUNITY INCLUDES
Chair's Welcome & Opening Remarks
Panel Discussion: Reimagining the Workplace
Fireside Chat: Supporting culture and connectivity in the hybrid work world
• What does it really mean to be able to work from anywhere?
• What plans can you put in place to demonstrate care and connection in times of extreme change?
• What can you do to ensure your culture programs are positioned to keep remote and in-person employees engaged?
Presentation: The Digital Workplace For Frontline Workers: No-One Left Behind
• What business in the new normal looks like for leaders and first-line alike
• The needs of the first-line and distributed workforces, along with the ongoing struggle of making sure you’re not just communication noise
• The must-have tech tools to support teams regardless of location and how other organisations are leveraging them for success
• Ways you can personalise communications and wellness initiatives to keep everyone in the loop with company news and initiatives long term.
12:00 PM Coffee & Speed Networking
Presentation: How the digital workplace facilitates innovation
Nico De Jong, Innovation and Experience Lead Europe, LiveTiles
Employees today face a similar information overload, made exponentially worse by the COVID-19 pandemic. During this panel find out how key leaders combat the information overload, ensure critical messages get through, and drive the desired employee behaviour, through clearer, more effective communications such as:
• How to create relevant, targeted messages.
• The role of being clear and transparent in your call to action
• How to create communication experiences instead of just individual messages.
• How to cut through the noise to measure impact and performance and adjust as needed based on hard data.
Chair's welcome & opening remarks
Presentation: Practical workforce strategies that put your people first
• Understanding the three deeply connected dimensions of an organisation during unprecedented times: work (the what),workforce (the who) , and workplace (the where).
• Learn how COVID-19 may fundamentally challenge your culture, how you distribute work and deploy your workforce, and how you engage your people to present an opportunity to think about how you elevate communications, create a more resilient workforce, and build more focus on health and well-being.
Panel: Navigating the new normal: Addressing employee experience
• Recognising the importance of human connection and finding ways to facilitate continued collaboration and social interaction.
• Helping employees regain a sense of control and help them be productive – even as new distractions make focus difficult.
• How to ensure that technology operates smoothly and that the right tools are available to help employees get the job done in new ways.
Panel Discussion: The Adaptable Organisation: Harnessing a networked enterprise of human resilience
12:00 PM Coffee & Speed Networking
• How to build and maintain high levels of motivation within your workforce through uncertain times.
• Strategies that maintain a sense of connectivity and belonging through a virtual environment on multiple time zones
• How to spot and address employee burnout through the entire organisation.
• Changing mindset from professionalism to personalism.
Melanie Wheeler, Head of Internal Communication & Engagement, Sutherland
Presentation: Post COVID-19: The office of the future
Evangelos Vayias, Head of Internal Digitization and Business Banking Digital Transformation, Eurobank